A Rum Sour is a cocktail that often gets forgotten beside other dominant sour cocktails such as the infamous Daquiri and Margarita, and we want to give it the attention we think it deserves!
A Rum Sour comprises of rum, fresh lemon juice, simple syrup and egg white. The ingredients list may seem simple and uncomplicated but the focus of the cocktail lies in perfecting the balance of the flavours.
When sipping your rum sour, you should expect flavours of mellow sweetness from the honey, a zing from the lemon juice and the warming taste of rum. Together these flavours should work together to create an absolutely bee-licious and refreshing cocktail!
At Beeble we always add our own twist. Instead of using a classic dark rum, we use our very own Beeble Honey Rum. We think our Beeble Honey Rum creates the perfect sweet and sour combination.
Since our rum already provides sweetness from the honey, it saves you from having to add sweetener and lessens the risk of over sweetening your drink and making it too sickly. Our recipe also adds a touch of lime juice because we think adds a little more depth to the sourness.
We truly think our Beeble Rum Sour is a taste sensation and we urge you to give it a try!
- 60ml Beeble Honey Rum
- 20ml Lemon juice
- 5ml Lime juice
- 15ml Egg Whites (this is an option step but we think the foam it creates adds an air of luxury)
- Dash of Angustoras bitters (or a twist of lemon or an orange peel works equally well)
- Combine the rum, egg white, and citrus juices in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake for about 10 seconds to froth the egg white.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake until very cold, about 20 more seconds.
- Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a chilled old-fashioned and garnish with a few dashes of bitters or lemon peel